about my work
I get my art inspiration from all around me: the flowers and bugs in my garden; the local beaches and rainforests of Vancouver Island; vintage fabrics and children's books; and the wonderful diversity of different people and cultures. Our world is an amazing and beautiful place!
I work mostly digitally (I love the Procreate app on my iPad), although I'm never without my trusty sketchbook and pencil for whenever inspiration hits and I enjoy experimenting with different media and techniques. I particularly love colour, texture and cute icons and I am comfortable using both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
I'm originally from Suffolk in the south of England, but moved to Vancouver Island, western Canada, with my husband and kids in 2009. I love living here and I love visiting UK every year to see my family and friends. My kids are pros at long haul flights!!
I've been drawing and making things for as long as I can remember - from doodling on every available surface and making clothes for my stuffed toys when I was young, to studying Creative Arts at university. I have recently found the time to focus on my art once again, and pursue my dream of being an illustrator and surface pattern designer. Now that art is a priority in my life once again, I couldn't be happier.
- I am a classically trained singer and pianist. I still teach piano and sing with a local choir.
- I spent two winters as a Canadian Ski Instructor.
- I make my own jewellery out of natural beads, Thai silver and knotted Irish waxed linen.
- I grew up in my parents' restaurant and consider myself a 'foodie'.
- I am intolerant to chocolate and caffeine. So unfair!!